10.29.2013

THE "TOWER" I WILL NOT SEE.




LA TOUR QUE JE NE VERRAI PAS
Why will I not see the tower? 
(as most everyone in Paris and a lot of people elsewhere know, the Tower I am writing about is the TOUR 13, an empty building in the 13th arrondissement of Paris which, for the month of October only, has been transformed into one giant Street Art Fest, with more than 100 internationally recognized "Street Artists" doing what they do best in the empty rooms and stairs and basement spaces of the building)
This is why:

This was the line - no 1/5th of the line winding its way around the said Tour the day I decided to go visit. The people in my shot were not going to get in, or maybe around 5:00PM ...and it was 10:00 AM! 

It's a small consolation that I managed to get a few photos of the exterior.


Including a very clever fellow who was doing a brisk business selling coffee!

The tower is slated to be dismantled beginning of November. 
The show is over tomorrow.
Well there will always be the internet...


au revoir.


1 comment: