3.24.2011

YIN and YANG











LE YIN ET LE YANG
Architect Ricardo Boffil is a master of it

Paola Navone can do it better that anyone

The Galerie Artcurial on the Rondpoint of the Champs Elysees in Paris is a perfect example

Of course the GENIUS among them all is I.M. Pei and his Pyramide du Louvre

But mixing an Hermes scarf with a hip look illustrates it perfectly as well

It is my modus operandi in interior design.

What am I talking about?
The art of mixing the old and the new, of creating contrasts that can raise eyebrows and engender disdain, of proving that the past we must respect and embrace, classic splendor and all, can live harmoniously with the present we should adopt enthusiastically, jarring quirks and all.
There you have it: my design philosophy in a (very concentrated) nutshell. So to speak.

images souffle organique, lookbook.nu, style-files,finding shibusha, mes petits papiers, design-dinterieur, style box

au revoir.




5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS post! You gave some perfect examples of the juxtaposition of old and new....I love the Ricardo Boffil photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post, , crazy about that tub. Forget it I could never get out of it. Ahh!! to be young.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that first image/loft, love how they kept all the industrial pieces as art. Wonderful post showing how everything really does mix together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the juxtaposition of modern and antique. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice blog ...

    ReplyDelete